Thursday, July 16, 2009

Antique Market






My daughter Ava and I went to one of our favorite places this past Sunday. It's a great open-air antique market in Lambertville New jersey called the Golden Nugget Market.

Ava's big find was this bull skull with horns. She has quite an eclectic streak in science & generally unusual curiosities. I wonder where she gets it from?


I found a few gems as well.
The first was some additions to my bottle collection. This all started when there was an old barn that was unfortunately torn down about one mile from our house. Ava and went to dig through the rubble one morning as a mini archeology trip (another one of Ava's passions). We found a small medicine bottle which, to my best estimate, dates around the 1850s. This bottle is the clear, oval-shaped one in the front center. After this finding, it seemed that every garage sale or flea market I went to, there was inevitably an old medicine bottle or two. So, I added to my bottle collection.


The next find was this small green lantern. As far as lanterns go, it's pretty cool, right? And finally, we found the gold frame (pictured at the top) which is utterly decadent. Now, I just need to find the right photo to insert before hanging on the wall.


















No comments:

Post a Comment